This page is aimed to give you daily tips and inspiration directly from Dr. Travis. If you would like to be notified, please feel free to contact us to add your number to the Breaking Bread WhatsApp group.
Attendance is going crazy for the Kickoff Summit 2021; please find attached the speakers line up and topics. You are allowed to share with your friends, you can register and watch later...you can register and only watch one speaker. Do not delay; you will feel inspired, ecstatic and confident for your new year!
Rules of Protein -
1) have protein for breakfast to give your energy for the day
2) consume 0.8 grams of protein for every kg of your body weight...if you are relatively sedentary
3) consume more protein based on the intensity of exercise.
4) protein within 1 hour after exercise helps for muscle recovery
5) protein is better consumed without starchy carbohydrates for better absorption
6) Tempeh is one of the highest forms of vegetarian protein
Good Morning all; thank you all for participating in the survey. I had 11% response rate from all who received it.
Please remember the results of this survey have no bearing on my personal opinion and certainly should not sway your current position. This survey was merely for my interest sake because I enjoy people’s perspective…I hope you feel the same.
The results are: 55% are either concerned, fearful or cautious with regard to covid-19 48% would take the vaccination 90% believe the world has changed and will have to find new normal.
Thank you for everyone who responded to the survey questions. I will compile in the next few days and give the responses.
Remember the spine has natural curves in for greater support, strength and flexibility. So when you sit for prolonged periods of time in a rounded posture...you are negatively affecting the spine. Slowly teaching your spine to be ineffective building tension.
So start today:
1) stand up and activate your spine every 30minutes of sitting
2) sit tall and active when you are sitting
3) stretch your spine every morning or evening to release any tension that has occurred.
Sunday evenings are a great time to focus for the new week ahead. What went well last week? What were your wins?
What did you learn?
What did not go according to plan?
What must you put in place this week to more forward towards your desires and goals?
Have a great start to your week
I would like to do a brief survey - please respond to my personally and I will give the results in the next few days.
Please do not construe this survey in any way as an indication of my standpoint and opinion. I am merely interested in your current thoughts.
1) are you fearful/concerned of COVID-19? Yes / no
2) would you take the vaccination if you had the opportunity? Yes / no
3) A - do you believe that life will go back to normal at some point or B - do you believe that society has been permantly altered by COVID? A or B
Have a great weekend
Surviving or thriving?
Compensation vs adaptation?
Consistent issues vs best you have ever been?
Reactive vs proactive?
Have a great day
Phases of healing -
Which phase are you in?
Even when resting, your body burns calories by performing basic functions to sustain life, such as:
Basal metabolic rate is the number of calories your body needs to accomplish its most basic (basal) life-sustaining functions.
For many their basal metabolic rate is so slow that they have to consume very few calories in the day and have to expend plenty to manage their weight...so perhaps it would be important to understand what enhances your basal metabolic rate?
Many do not achieve their goals for a few reasons:
- you have set a goal that is not in alignment with your highest values
- you have set unrealistic time frame for your goal
- you have not dedicated daily actions towards your goal
- you have not set rituals and routines in place to remind you about your goals and your actions
- the goals are too vague
As you start 2021 - which is your issue preventing you from achieving your goals?
Let me know so I can guide you or hold you accountable to your goals.
We are open officially tomorrow; we hope you had a restful start to 2021.
Remember in weight management the output has to match the input...that is to say you need to exercise more than you eat.
Despite popular demand, Christmas eating is not valued at half the calories so make sure you keep your exercise high over the festive season!